Lazy Sunday Bolognese
Don't you love it when you have stuff planned on a Sunday and because of one thing everything changes and you have yourself a whole Sunday of movies and a couch?
I love when that happens. Even if you were planning something fun, nothing beats a day of doing nothing whatsoever! But we all need to eat, so I decided to cook my Lazy Sunday Bolognese. This is not my actual bolognese though... I will post that recipe a bit later!
Here for now are quick and easy directions for a tasty tasty tomato sauce ;)
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- sliced mushrooms
- tomato puree
- 1 can of cubed tomatoes
- 250-300gr of minced meat
- a tablespoon of ketchup
- a teaspoon of sugar
- salt & pepper
- a couple of bay-leaves
- a small onion finely chopped
- two cloves of garlic finely chopped
- If you have any: ground paprika, dried chili, some red wine
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Grab yourself a pan and add a couple of teaspoons of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic and once these are softened you can add the meat. While the meat is cooking, break it up in small pieces with a wooden spoon. Once the meat has cooked through you can add the sliced mushrooms and some tomato puree. mix it around so the puree covers the meat and mushrooms. When the mushrooms have rendered water you can add the cubed tomatoes, ketchup, sugar, salt & pepper and bay-leaves. If you have any, you can add a splash of red wine, a teaspoon of ground paprika and if you like to give it some punch a teaspoon of dried chili is always welcome!
- Leave it to simmer for a while and serve with piping hot, just cooked al dente pasta and some grated cheese to melt over the sauce.
- Ready in no time and great comfort food on a cold, snowy Sunday evening! ;)