Home-made tuna spread
It was one of those days. I had everything I needed in my fridge and it all just came together in a daydream.
And I especially don't like to waste onions. I like onions. Even though they are not my breath's best friend. I don't care. Yum.
So I decided to do it; I decided to make some tuna salad, which is best served with some toast or bread with a crunch. You can make this spicy, but I also have a non-spicy version... just keep reading ;)
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- canned tuna
- about a tablespoon of mayonnaise
- about a tablespoon of yoghurt
- half or 1/4 of a red onion (depends on how much you like onions)
- salt & pepper
- and to spice it up: sriracha (I love sriracha) or harissa sauce and ketchup.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- First hard-boil the eggs. They need to not be liquid anymore. I tend to leave them in for a bit more than 10 minutes. When they are done, peel them and squish them with a fork. It doesn't have to become a paste, just make sure the eggs are in small bits.
- Take a medium sized bowl and add the egg, tuna, chopped red onion, salt and pepper. If you don't like spicy, you can just add the mayo and yoghurt and leave it like that, refrigerate it and enjoy!
- If you do like spicy, add some sriracha or harissa to taste and a little bit of ketchup (a teaspoon) to give the tuna salad a boost! Very nice with some canned peaches by the way ;)