Fancy Tomato & Mozzarella Appetizers
I love tomato and mozzarella and a friend of mine made these at her party once. They are my fall-back, all-else-fail, no-inspiration-today appetizer when people come over. Well, that and my salmon verrines which will surely turn up on this blog sometime soon. These do have a twist and are very refreshing little miracles for your taste buds. Have at it!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- a packet of cherry tomatoes, tomatoes halved
- little mozzarella balls, halved (if you can't find them just grab a normal mozzarella ball and cut it in cubes)
- basil, shredded
- olive oil infused with lemon peel
- white balsamic vinegar
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- In every verrine add a couple of tomatoes and mozzarella (I try to add equal numbers).
- Top every verrine with some basil.
- These can now be refrigerated if you like, but not too long!
- Add a some oil and vinegar to each verrine before serving.
Voilà! Simple and fast, you can make a bunch of these in no time.