Whipped Goat's Cheese dip
I love goat's cheese. And eating spreadable goat's cheese with crisps is possibly one of the greatest inventions ever. Food-wise of course. However, when preparing a classy little get-together with snazzy drinks and cute canapés it is hard to imagine a large plate with a block of cheese on the table. That is why I like to make it foamy! This recipe gives the crisp/goat's cheese combo a nice, smooth texture. It is quickly done and can, should even, be made in advance.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- a pot of spreadable goat's cheese (like Chavroux)
- a small carton of cream
- crisps (I like the Bugles Nacho Cheese with this)
- ... yes that is all.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Heat half the cream with the goat's cheese and carefully mix it together as the goat's cheese melts.
- The other half of the cream should be beaten in a bowl until it is foaming and has risen by half.
- Carefully mix both together, fold the goat's cheese mixture into the foamy cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The texture you are left with should be not unlike a soft mousse.
- Serve with crisps of choice.