Sloppy joe pizzas
Sloppy Joe burgers... good stuff! You can find out more about them in my previous post. However, I had some sloppy joe mix leftovers and thought I should change my tactic when approaching this dish for the second time in three days. So I thought: why not use it as a pizza topping? You get pizza with a base of BBQ sauce, so why not use an extra tomato-y base? An let me tell you: this was heaven! So if you have sloppy joe leftovers but no burger buns, grab or make yourself a pizza base and chuck THIS in the oven!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- sloppy joe mixture (find the recipe here)
- some leftover passata (I had this leftover as well but it is not at all obligatory)
- mozzarella, cubed
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, shredded
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Roll out your pizza base and add the ingredients in this order: a thin layer of passata (if using), a nice layer of sloppy joe mix, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Place it in the oven and cook until the mozzarella has melted and slightly browned.
- When cooked, remove it from the oven and sprinkle the basil on top.
- Enjoy! ;)
Saucy pizza! Yum ;)