Prawn, Avocado and Cherry Tomato Salad
So yes, after those chicken wings I felt guilty and today's lunch was going to be light. However, I still had some sour cream left over and I never say no to sour cream. Ever. That stuff is good and it happens to go extremely well with my favourite health-food of the month: avocado. And this little salad is pretty much classic common knowledge. The sour cream just gives it a smooth touch and I added fresh coriander and my favourite salad dressing: lemon peel infused olive oil and white balsamic vinegar cream. Seriously goooood. So try this out! Excellent as an entré or you could serve it in verrines as an appetizer!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- cooked prawns (not scampis!)
- avocado (one avocado is enough for two entré servings)
- fresh coriander leaves
- a nice scoop of sour cream
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- lemon peel infused olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- To easily assemble this dish, prepare everything beforehand and place it all in different bowl, so you'll need three here.
- Easiest bowl first: quarter the cherry tomatoes. That is it and one bowl done!
- Then the avocado. Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Roughly mash the avocado, it does not need to be a paste, it can stay chunky! Place it in the second bowl, add salt and pepper and put aside.
- Then for the third bowl, take the prawns and roughly chop them. Add the scoop of sour cream and finely chopped coriander leaves and mix it all together.
- Here your three bowls are done. To dress your plate, use your chunky avocado mash as a base, build a layer of quartered cherry tomatoes on top and layer a good amount of prawn mixture on top. Finish off with some lemon peel infused olive oil, white balsamic vinegar cream and a couple of coriander leaves. This makes for a fresh little salad, perfect for when the weather get warmer at this time of the year! Enjoy ;)