Chicken Salad on Toast Appetizers
This is a quick and easy recipe for tasty appetizers on toast. It has charmed many a friend already. I love this recipe and often make it when I offer to make the appetizers at a friend's house because the salad is easy to pack in a tupperware and the toasts are quickly assembled on the spot! I also take this with me on sandwiches for lunch at work... real comfort food after a tough morning ;)
Seriously easy to prepare, you should definitely give this a go!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 400g chicken breast cooked (leftover roast chicken will do!)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered curry
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1/2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of fromage blanc
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- dried rasins (optional)
- salt & pepper
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- First of all, shred the chicken using two forks. Shredding your chicken instead of dicing it makes this salad easily spreadable and if you have any leftovers, this is also really good in a sandwich!
- Then, again using a fork, crush the hard boiled eggs until they have become all crumbly.
- Then add all the other ingredients. The curry, chopped onion, mayonnaise, chutney, fromage blanc, and raisins if using.
- If you are wondering what chutney is, it is a type of jam which is typically eaten as an accompaniment in the Indian cuisine with curries or poppadoms. I used Patak's mango chutney.
- Mix all the ingredients together so everything is smooth and easy to spread.
- Serve on little toasts as an appetizer or simply eat on a piece of bread for lunch with some salad! Done!
Warning! This stuff is quite addictive ;)