So apparently you can roast chickpeas and make them crunchy and look like a snack. I saw one of these recipes and I was like: "Wow! Gotta try this out!" And then I saw that it was divinely paired with Sriracha and I was like: "Wow! Gotta try this out right now!". So I did. It looked good, tasted like a spicy implosion and revealed to me chickpeas not only make hummus and stuff that requires them to be crushed into oblivion.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- a can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- juice of half a lime
- some lime zest for decoration
- 2 tsp of sriracha (or more if you like it spiceeey)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Pre-heat your oven at 180°C.
- Firstly let the chickpeas drain and pat them dry with some kitchen roll.
- For the sauce, basically chuck the olive oil, lime and sriracha together in a big bowl and whisk together. Add the chickpeasto the bowl and cover them with the sauce. Then, cover a large oven tray with a sheet of baking paper and spread the chickpeas out onto the sheet and sprinkle some salt over them.
- Bake for more or less 25 minutes and check them once in a while to make sure they don't pulverize ;)
- When they are done, serve them in a bowl and use the lime zest to add a touch of colour.
Good While still warm ;)