Roast Vegetables With Dried Apricots
So these Fall days have been becoming drearier and drearier, and I needed something explosive on my plate that would make me forget about the drizzle outside. I have been coming home from work finding everything around me dark and me myself having no energy to start cooking complicated home-made meals. So I came up with this vegetarian dish or a side dish that goes well with some lamb, chicken or sausages.
This is very easy to make and most of the cooking is done by the oven, which gives you time to relax after a hard day's work ;)
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1/2 block of feta
- a handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 6 or 7 finely chopped dried apricots
- a clove of garlic, minced
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Preheat your oven at 180°C.
- Start chopping your vegetables in nice chunks... Make sure you don't cut them too small because they will shrink in the oven, but don't make them too big either.
- Add them all to a roasting tin with some olive oil and use your hands to mix so everything is covered in some olive oil. Add some salt and do the same. Don't add too much salt as you will be adding feta later which is a salty cheese. Half a teaspoon should do. You can always add more later if you like.
- Roast the vegetables for about 15 minutes, stirring them around every 5 minutes or so. Check that the vegetables are to your liking. If they are still too crunchy after 15 minutes, leave them in for another 5.
- While the vegetables are roasting, grab a small pan and add the finely chopped dried apricots and minced garlic with some olive oil. Heat up nicely until the garlic is cooked through and soft.
- When the vegetables are ready, add it all together and crumble the feta over the vegetables. Sprinkle the mint on top and mix around with some black pepper.
- Pour into a nice large bowl and enjoy... Now THAT is the meaning of life ;)