My Summery BBQ Salad
I used to not be so crazy about any type of salad. Now I love arugula salad, so I try to combine it with lots of different ingredients. So last year, I made this salad for a friend once. She invited me to her BBQ and I told her I'd bring a salad. She warned me she wasn't going to eat lots of salad because she's not crazy about it. Now, every time I get invited to her place, I get asked to bring THAT salad. So I thought that this Summer, I would share the recipe on my blog so everyone could enjoy it even without me ;)
I tend to have this salad for lunch at work as well, it is quick and easy, but usually I have it as a side with burgers or at a BBQ. This is a Summer salad, the nectarine works really well with all the flavours. I make it as often as I can as long as nectarines are in season, one of my all-time favorite fruits!
WHAT DO YOU NEED? (as a side for 3-4 people)
- 3 nectarines, ripe and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cucumber, also finely cubed
- 2 medium size spring onions, finely sliced
- a pack of arugula salad (100g - 200g)
- the juice of 1 lime
- 200g (or less - depends what you prefer) of crumbled feta
- some olive oil
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Combine all the ingredients and mix gently with your hands. Done!
- No need for seasoning as the feta is already quite salty and the peppery flavor you get from the arugula.