Aubergine Cream Cheese Dip
I've had this idea for some time now, paired with a craving for aubergines, so I decided to get you guys this recipe in between making a lasagna for tonight, having breakfast and leaving for a field hockey match. I can assure you, this is easy, quick and very yum!
WHAT DO YOU NEED:
- 1 aubergine cut in half
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of Za'atar herbs (or a provence mix if you prefer)
- a big tbsp of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- salt to taste
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C. When hot enough, place your aubergine haves skin side up on a baking paper covered baking tray. Place in the oven and leave for 30 mins. Add your unpeeled garlic cloves during the last 10 minutes.
- When the aubergines and garlic are ready, remove from the oven and with a spoon, scrape out the aubergine flesh. In a deep bowl, add the peeled garlic, aubergine flesh, cream cheese and Za'atar. Use a mixer to blend into a smooth mixture.
- Do the same thing separately with your coriander and olive oil. Season with a little bit of salt.
- Drizzle the corainder "pesto" over the aubergine dip.
- Serve with crispy bread or some carrots.