English Breakfast in Bed
One of those things I dream about regularly is a full English fry-up. Thank goodness I only dream about it because eating these every day would probably mean the end of me walking everywhere and the beginning of me rolling everywhere. I just came back from England recently, visiting a friend who lives in London. Obviously I had an English fry-up on my last day before leaving on the Eurostar back to Brussels. And as you can see, I was in heaven!
I love London and I will probably go back soon, if my friend will still have me of course ;) I felt that the only thing we did during four days was eat and walk around. It seems to be socially acceptable to enter a restaurant for a pre-dinner meal at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Can someone say "perfection"?
Anyhoo, I decided to start my weekend with a baked full English breakfast. Traditional fry-up elements except that instead of frying, I decided to bake it so I could stay in bed while it was cooking and read some Jane Austen, just to get in the mood. I have a love-affair with my bed and because I was checking out the blog from the mattress company Casper I was inspired to do a blog post fit for bed.
Want to give it a go?
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- a couple of fresh tomatoes cut in half
- some sliced fresh mushrooms
- a couple of pork sausages
- a couple of slices of bacon
- baked beans! (I do prefer the Heinz ones)
- an egg (or two)
- an enamel dish
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Simply start by rubbing the dish with some olive oil/butter/ghee/whatever you prefer. Also pre-heat your oven to about 180°C.
- I placed my sausages in the dish and left them to cook in the oven for about 5-7 minutes, rolling them over halfway. Once they are done, add all the other components except the egg(s). Leave to cook until the bacon looks done.
- make a small "well" in the beans and carefully crack your egg(s) open into it. Season with some salt and pepper and place back into the oven for another 5 minutes until your eggs are cooked. Check regularly because ovens can vary.
- Grab a cup of tea and a good book and go back to bed! ;)