Blueberry, banana and vanilla smoothie with Rice Dream
I felt like having something fresh and smooth and fruity today. So yes, I went for a smoothie ;) I wanted to try out a smoothie with several flavours so I incorporated banana, vanilla and blueberries because I just thought that might be a good idea. And it was not bad! Even though my attempts at a decent "double layer" smoothie failed slightly, I am still proud of my "mélange" :D So If you want to try it out, recipe below!
On another note, I don't know if you have tried the Rice Dream "milks" but I have to say that I really enjoy these as a replacement for milk. I am not lactose intolerant (thank God!) but I do like to mix it up a little sometimes. With my oatmeal I do prefer a lighter addition rather than milk and I usually pick from the Rice Dream selection. Have you tried them? Let me know in the comments below what you think :)
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- a tub of your favourite plain yoghurt
- 2 heaped tablespoons of honey
- 125g of blueberries
- 1 big banana
- 1/2 cup of vanilla Rice Dream
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 2 ice cubes
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
Make 2 mixes with your ingredients.
- the blueberry mix: blend together 2 big tablespoons of yoghurt, 1 ice cube, blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 tablespoon of honey
- the vanilla mix: blend together 2 tablespoons of yoghurt, 1 ice cube, 1/2 banana, the seeds of the vanilla pod, 1 tablespoon of honey and the Rice Dream milk
Pour them in a glass carefully. I poured one first and then the second but they did not layer very well. It would be good to try and pour them in at the same time at the same speed but then the colours might not be layered and instead be halved vertically. Let me know if it works