Fresh Peas and Feta on Toast
Even though the weather in my little country seems to want to make everyone go crazy (rain, shine, rain, shine...) I decided at least the Sun could shine in my plate :)
Here is a short, simple recipe that I tried out last night and I really loved so I decided to share it with you.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- baguette, slices of sturdy bread or ciabatta
- 100g fresh peas, podded
- a pinch of sugar
- olive oil (if you can find some infused with lemon, even better!)
- lemon juice
- 100g ricotta
- crumbled feta (I crumble it between my fingers)
- cracked black pepper
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- This is very simple! Toast you bread. Either in the oven or in a toaster, whichever you prefer. Meanwhile boil the freshly podded peas with a pinch of sugar for 2-3 minutes. When they are done, mash them coarsely with a fork and mix in the ricotta.
- Spread the pea-ricotta mix on your toast, crumble feta on top and add some lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the olive oil and crack some black pepper on top.
- This is one of the most nourishing toast-toppings ever! Add some mint if you would like some extra freshness!
What toast toppings do you prefer?