Shrimp and lemon linguini with peas
Friday night and I had some prawns left in my freezer. I like prawns, especially in combination with pasta. This is a great recipe and there is really nothing to it. The good thing about this recipe is that you can more or less choose the quantities: if you want only one prawn and loads of peas in your pasta, it won't change or harm the recipe, but honestly, who would do that?
The other good thing about this recipe is that you will only need one pan, so really this is a no effort recipe from beginning to end! Just remember: creaminess is the key!
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- 300ml sour cream
- +- 200g of frozen peas
- (as many as you like) prawns
- a dash of olive oil
- (at least) a good handful of grated parmesan
- a lemon, juiced and its zest
- 2 egg yolks
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- Start by simply cooking the pasta in salted water and three minutes before the pasta is cooked, add the frozen prawns and peas to the boiling water with the pasta until the pasta is cooked. Drain the water but keep some of it. I tend to keep about a cup of the cooking water. Place the pasta, prawns and peas back into the empty pan you used for boiling them in.
- Place it on a medium-low heat and add the zest and juice of an entire lemon, some sour cream (I tend to use the whole pot but this is your choice! ;) I just love it creamy! You can add it in stages until you reach desired creaminess), two egg yolks (for extra creaminess!), parmesan (again, to taste but at least a handful of the stuff grated), salt and pepper and I tend to add another small splash of olive oil. Add some of the cooking liquid you set aside earlier and mix it all together. Allow the liquid to emulsify with the other ingredients, and again you can add this in stages until you are satisfied with your sauce. Once you're happy with the dish, serve it up piping hot!
Think of it as a carbonara!